Monday, May 7, 2012

Les Bons Mots


I had a post planned today for more phrases.  But then I talked to a real French person, telling him about all of the obscure French I have been teaching myself...  He didn't understand anything.  Err....

After telling him about all the reading I've been doing to educate myself in the ways of "Les Français" he said to me, "well, I'm sure there are tons of things that are in your books that won't prove to be true.  You're just gonna have to see for yourself."
At this point, I don't know if he imagined me across the Atlantic ocean looking like Barbie up above, or if I just want to be French Barbie (well, who wouldn't?).

Alors!  My new French phrase I learned from a real Frenchmen, not a book...

Putain
fuck. 
My Larousse translates this as "whore."  Not unlike one of my favorite Italian dishes "Pasta Puttenesca" which basically means Slutty Spaghetti.  But this words meaning has been transformed into the ever loved F*@$!

Upon researching (I know, who researches foreign explicatives?)  I found this funny video.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment