Friday, July 6, 2012

God Bless America


So it was July fourth two days ago, America's Independence Day for any of my Continental readers out there.  I certainly was feeling nostalgic for my home I haven't left yet.  I was a little worried that the waterworks would start whilst watching fireworks.  But, we had a pitiful view from our beach house, and I was "fluish" from drinking the obligatory Bud Lights in the scorching sun for hours.  You know what did make me cry?  When my Aunt Diana gave me a card that said, "don't forget where you come from," alongside a Clemson University mug.  Woof!  But I digress... I just finished a book about American's favorite past time, baseball and it got me thinking about some of the American things I am truly going to miss...  


Southern food
  Sweet tea, fried chicken, biscuits and gravy, fried okra, chicken n' dumplings, deviled eggs..... 


Chick-fil-A
Okay so maybe this should have gone under Southern food.  But really, with the amount of time and money I spend at this establishment, it deserves to be set apart from the rest.  If only they bottled Polynesian sauce....  



Baseball 
More specifically, the Yankees.  Apparently, they're not into baseball in Europe.  Their sporting mainstay is "le football."  And that is another post, for another day.... 



Clemson Football
I do not hesitate to write that I think Clemson is coming up on some great years of football.   If only they can wait until I come back to win the national championship.  There are going to be a lot of Saturday afternoons coming up where I won't know what to do with myself.... read Proust, I suppose?  



Bluegrass
Banjo, mandolin, guitar, fiddle... all that, y'all. 


Tall Guys

So I've been doing some "research" on the French.  They are pretty short.  I'm 5'7" and with a nice pair of heels on can reach on up there to 5'10-11."  The average height it seems to be of most European men.  






No comments:

Post a Comment