Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Les Films Américains


As I will be acting as the American cultural ambassador for my little French boys, it's high time I start deciding what American kid movies they really need to see.  Also, it seems to rain in Paris like.... all the time.  What else am I going to do with them?*

Note that I am thinking of more obscure movies... no Pixar here...

* I kid, I kid.  What great nanny lets her kids watch movies all day?.....  


Without a doubt, this is just one of the best movies ever made.  Classic American underdog story.  And Alphonse takes, as they say in France, Judo.  Perfect.  I will have to do my best though, to not root for Kobra Kai... Sweep the leg!  Put him in a body bag, Jonny! Poetry. 

Okay. Before you lash out on me for this one, despite whatever weird things Paul Rubens did, Pee Wee Herman is classic, I don't care who ya are!  Not sure of how many hours I spent watching Pee Wee's Playhouse when I was about five years old, but I attribute it to why I am so weirdly awesome today?  No child should be deprived of this.  


Time to get real.  Americans sometimes do some pretty messed up stuff.  But then there is Atticus Finch to atone for our sins.  The boys need to know he exists.  


Haha.  Just kidding! 
...I mean half-way kidding, like if they wanted to... 

Show me a kid who watches this movie and then doesn't want to play baseball and I'll show you a liar. Or just a really weird kid.  The lack of baseball in France is pitiful, no charges of mine will go without! 

I have a hunch that there is a lack of the musical-comedy genre in France.  I spent my, "its-so-hot-right-now-I'll-just-die-right-here" summer days watching musicals at my grandparents house.  Now that I think about it, this was set in England.  Doesn't matter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment