Thursday, June 28, 2012

J'apprends encore...


When I get to France I won't just be eating croissants, drinking wine and lounging by the Seine all day after a trip to Shakespeare & Co.  Not so.  I'll actually be doing stuff, like going to school kind of stuff.  Before classes start in September I will have to take a placement test, so I have been studying a lot.  Not just to make communication easier upon arrival, but to avoid getting placed in a class where we start with "un, deux, trois..."  

If only I had studied this hard in French 204 in college... It feels as if my elementary knowledge of French is taking over my life.  I have found that I am starting to say things in English as I would in my basic and infantile French way. Today, a friend of mine made a funny comment, to which I replied, "Oh!  This is so funny!" (probably nodding with a huge grin on my face) Rather than something ordinary such as, "haha"  or "funny, dude," like a normal, native English speaker would say.  

I stumbled upon this article where a teacher had her Japanese students create "rage comics" to help them with their English... I can't help but think that this is what I sound like to all of my French friends when I attempt to parler avec eux....completely bizarre and hilarious.






No comments:

Post a Comment